What is this Policy all about?
ProSpark Auto Electrical understands how important it is to protect the privacy of our customers and is committed to the management of your personal information in a way which complies with the Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) has 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APP) relating to the handling of personal information. Personal information is any information or an opinion that identifies you or could identify you and includes information about your health. Unless indicated otherwise:
- “Information” in this Policy refers to your personal information as defined in the Privacy Act;
- “ProSpark Auto Electrical”, “we”, “our” and “us” is the auto electrical service and product supplier and its staff members that trades under the “ProSpark Auto Electrical”.
This Policy outlines how we collect, use and dispose of personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect information from you which includes:
- Name and contact details, billing and shipping address, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number;
- If you submit an enquiry and become a customer, we may also collect your vehicle make, model, and registration number.
How do we collect and store your personal information?
We collect your information in variety of ways, including when you:
- Visit our workshop;
- Complete electronic and hard copy forms on our website or at our workshop;
- Contact us through our website, social media channels, phone, email or at the workshop;
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your computer by your web browser. For example, cookies can be used by us to improve your experience with our website, and to track your activity on our website for the purpose of advertising our services to you on other websites (e.g., Google, Facebook, Instagram). You can disable the cookies in your browser.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information for a variety of reasons, including to:
- Process orders in our workshop and online;
- Reply to your enquiries, questions, and other queries;
- Communicate with our customers;
- Comply with legal requirements and prevent fraud;
- Market, sell, and promote our products and services;
- Provide you with marketing offers and news about our business;
- Research how our customers interact with us to better serve you.
How do we use and disclose your information?
We may use and disclose your personal information to service providers and organisations that:
- Provide us with assistance to carry out our business activities. This includes contractors, professional advisors, and external agents;
- Provide us with services to promote ProSpark Auto Electrical;
- Monitor our IT infrastructure and payment systems;
- If authorised or required under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
Additionally, we may disclose your information to other parties that you have consented to.
How do we protect your personal information?
Your personal information will be securely stored by us. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your information when you use our website and social media tools, as the internet is not a secure vehicle for transmitting information. If you have any concerns about disclosing your information over the internet but have an enquiry about our products and services, please contact us via e-mail, phone, or mail to the ProSpark Auto Electrical contact details below.
How can I access or correct my information?
You can request access to or correct your personal information using the ProSpark Auto Electrical contact information in this Policy. You can contact us via email, via phone, or in writing via mail. We may require you to provide the request in writing, as well as evidence verifying your identity or that you have authority to request access (e.g. legal guardian).
How can you contact us about a concern related to privacy?
If you have concerns or a complaint regarding our use of your personal information, you can contact us via the channels listed below. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will take reasonable steps to respond to you within 30 days of receipt.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au)
Contact Details for ProSpark Auto Electrical:
ProSpark Auto Electrical
Phone: 07 5620 4999
Address: 5/26 Greg Chappell Drive, Burleigh Heads QLD 4220